Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Why is everything with a 2 1/2 year old so hard?

Does every little thing have to be a fight? This child is so damned infuriating! And yes I know that this is what people are referring to when they say "Terrible Two's". He refuses to eat. So we find something that he WILL eat. He'll eat that for a few weeks and then quit. He fights waking up, getting dressed, eating, sleep, any directions. It drives me crazy.

So tonight I was tryig my best to get him to brush his teeth. This is something that he used to beg to do 6 times a day. Now I'm lucky if I can get him to do it once a day. Realy lucky. I decided to explain to him about the teeth bugs. See there are tiny little bugs on your teeth. They eat teeth and if we don't brush them off every day they will eat your teeth and make them hurt real bad. This tact has worked in the past but tonight he was having none of it. I tried showing him how Piglet was brushing his, I was brushing mine. No good. Finally I followed him into his room and asked "Why not? Why aren't you brushing your teeth?" Wanna know what he said? "I'm fighting Momma, I'm a mean guy." And then smiled. He's just messing with me. Argh! Then he said, "Momma kill those bugs" amd let me brush.

No comments: