Friday, January 19, 2007

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation points! I love exclamation points!!!!! I know that they are a huge writing faux pas but I just absolutely love them!!!!!!! I was reading something last night and they were talking about how exclamation points make you sound like a teenybopper. Well, so be it.

I have a hard time expressing myself with emotion in writing. I always feel that I am coming off very clinical. I tend to overthink when writing and underthink when talking. I say some pretty dumb things. But that's me and why y'all love me right?

Trace wrote something the other day about my dark side. I don't really think that I am such a dark person, anymore. As a kid and especially in my teens I enjoyed shocking people with my damage. I have grown out of that I hope. It was mainly a reaction to moving to an area where everybody was in a higher socio-economic class than me. Most of the kids in my school were "rich" and had good families. I had all of this crap going on and then to be the poor kid on top of it made me act out.

My past is in the past though. I have a wonderful life with my husband and two boys. We have a nice house and have everything that we need. There is no drama in my life that I don't create myself. I get jealous over imaginary people. I imagine that other women have wonderful realtionships with their families. That other Moms have doting grandparents to help with the kids. I think about people who talk to their brothers and sisters and know their nephews. I get down sometimes because I am not the perfect Mother that I so want to be. I find myself yelling at the boys or getting mad a petty things and remind myself of my mothers. Two women who I really do not want to emulate.

No, for the most part, I am a happy woman. ( I should have used an exclamation point! tee hee)

3 comments:

Happy said...

I like exclamation points too and writing in CAPS for emphasis! I know I mentioned the dark side thing, but when I met you the first time at the 'sex party' you were nothing but warm, kind, and plain old nice.

Perky said...

You're right -- past is past. We cannot undo or unlive our pasts, and we cannot accurately predict our futures, but we can all control our present! Good for you! Don't let the demons of the past drag you down now -- you DO have a good husband. You DO have great kids. You DO have a good life now! It doesn't matter whether anyone else has a "better" or "worse" life than you. For one thing, you never really know what someone else's life is really like! They make look so happy, but in reality, they're more miserable that you are! Enjoy what you have and make the most of it! You deserve it!

Domestic Goddess said...

What Perky Said!