Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What not to get your wife for Valentines's Day

Last year I got a computer moniter. Granted it was a lovely flat screen model but it's a friggin computer accessory. HunnyBunny has to be the LEAST romantic man alive. The last time he bought me something "romantic" was years ago. And it turns out that those were just impulse buys because he passed the store every day on the way to lunch. I mean literally walked past it. I don't think I'm asking for much. Just a little effort on his part.

I was talking about this to HunnyBunny the other day and he asked what he got me last year. I told him and he congratulated himself. He seriously needs a clue. I guess these are the kinds of gifts he wants from me.

4 comments:

Perky said...

LOL! I can totally relate!

For my very first Mothers Day (now, remember everything we went through for me to finally be able to celebrate a Mothers Day......), my husband got me....... wait for it....... a portable air compressor and luggage tags!!!! He's lucky I didn't walk out the door and keep on walking!!!

Some people just aren't born with the "gift-giving gene", I guess!!!

Happy said...

Perky, he's an engineer (that should say it all).

ChipmunkMomma, a computer monitor? Oh no, not romantic at all. I'm a firm believer in NO appliances or household goods given for Christmas, Birthdays, or Valentines Day (& I made my opinion clear to Sweetness). Hopefully he'll come up with something a little better this year.

Sean Carter said...

Well Valentines Day is coming up pretty soon and on no time everyone will search for that perfect gift...well hey for some romantic gift ideas and things to do you can visit my blog sometime and check out all the stuff i've posted there!!!!

Domestic Goddess said...

Yes, those are the gifts that he wants from you!
My husband is not romantic. But the truth is that I'd rather have computer accessories and appliance (sorry, Trace!) and things like new pots and pans and such for gifts. I am not the type who wants chocolate and jewelry and flowers, although once in a while is ok!
For my first Christmas with him he bought me a WOK. For mother's Day every year I tell him not to bother, since I can go buy flats. I tell him I just want the afternoon off to work on my garden! And he helps!
Maybe you could start leaving magazines with things circled on his computer?