Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My baby is one year old today!




Today is Piglet's first birthday. It was quiet as far as first birthdays go. Both he and Monkey have been sick so we didn't have a party. At breakfast Monkey gave him his gift, little rubber trucks like Monkey's Hot Wheels. Then Piglet and Monkey played pretty nicely together, for once.

Piglet seems to be getting over this illness. But he is still barely eating. He is breastfeeding so much that he had a full-blown-newborn-breastfed poopy diaper today.

No family called, nobody but us cared about his birthday. It's sad sometimes to think about how little connections I have. I feel like it's his first birthday; somebody should care other than me. This is the kind of thing that led to my depression when Monkey was a baby. There I was a new mother with absolutely no support. Sure HunnyBunny did what he could but he is an IT manager for a BUSY company. He couldn't be here all of the time. I imagined that other women have mothers, aunts, grandmothers and friends to help them with their new babies. I was jealous of imaginary people.

I love my life and need to be satisfied with what I do have. I have two healthy boys and a loving husband. I do not need my disfunctional parents in my or my children's lives to make them complete. We are a whole family.

No comments: