Tuesday, January 02, 2007

One year ago today...


I was in labor. I was in hour 19 of what turned out to be a 36 hour long labor. I was sooooooo tired that I got in my nifty birth tub and slept between contractions. I can't beleive my baby will be one tomorrow. I can't beleive I had a homebirth 1 year ago!

Having Piglet at home fixed a lot of the broken places inside of me. I had to take responsibility for myself. I did it all on my own. Sure my midwives were here for the end and thank goodness for that. But doing that, laboring alone, in my space made me own it. I never felt like somebody should be doing something to me or for me. I have drawn a lot of strength from homebirth. I will never forget the feeling of my baby coming through me.

Thank you Kate, Merle and Rachel for being my midwives. Thank you for supporting me and being my circle of women. Thank you Monkey for making me laugh and for singing through the contractions with me. Thank you HunnyBunny for trusting me to do this and for all of the trips to the HFS. And most of all, Thank you Piglet for letting me be your momma and coming out so easily.

No comments: