Saturday, January 06, 2007

What a long, fun day we had today

We got up this morning at 7:30 to go to breakfast with my friends. We didn't get home until after 4 pm. Ugh! I hate being out all day. But today was a fantastic day.

We had breakfast at the Coffee Club. Wow, what a great place. It has lots of little conversation areas and artwork. It looks just like the coffee house that I had imagined we would own. I love seeing all of my online friends in real life. They are such a great group of women and I am not just saying that cause they might read this. We are such a diverse group brought together by Flylady. These women make me feel a little saner in this insane world. Through them I know that I am not the only woman who struggles with motherhood and being a wife. It is hard but doable. I find solace in them.

When we left there we walked around Media for a bit to enjoy the nice weather. Of course we had to pop into the toy store for Monkey and Piglet to play for a bit and ran into another friend. Maybe I won't move after all. I really like bumping into friends when I am out and about.

Then we drove to my Mother's house to pick up Piglet's birthday presents. She had 3 or 4 toys for him to open. That's right, more toys 2 weeks after Christmas. Double Ugh! And then she had a present for Monkey so he wouldn't be jealous. Not a tiny thing either. She bought the Melissa and Doug pizza set as a consolation gift. She drives me up a wall. I really do try to get along with her but I just bristle every time I get near her. Oh! One of the toys she had was something she bought from my friend's Discovery Toys Party. She bought something and then absolutely refused to go pick it up. Just unbelievable. She expected me to go get it for her because it was MY friend. She was going to wait me out too. I think she figured that I would be so embarrassed that I would go get it for her. My friend dropped it off to her. My friend with 5 little kids. HunnyBunny gave her hell for it. Both her and my stepfather hate when we visit. My stepfather makes it very clear that he wants nothing to do with us. We really want nothing to do with them so I don't know why I even bother. Yeah, yeah, it's so the kids can know at least of on their grandmothers. i think I'm just going to up and move to Montana. That's the most remote place I can think of right now.

OK. So the rest of our lovely day. After leaving my mom's we had lunch at Mesa Fresh. My boys can eat some rice and beans. I have never seen 2 kids who love beans so much. What a diet! Rice, beans, broccoli, chicken fingers, spinach, Chinese mixed veggies (even the mushrooms!) Then we walked around the shopping center. Ya! I got new yarn.

When we got back into the car Monkey started begging to go to the park. Any park. We ended up at the Tot Lot in Media. That turned out to be the highlight of our day. Piglet climbed right up the jungle gym and went down the slide headfirst. No fear there. Monkey had so many other kids to play with. He was in heaven. While there he met another boy who had the same name as him. Both boys thought that was just the coolest and became instant best friends.

As the sun was starting to set Piglet started to fade. I could tell he wanted to nurse but there was just too much activity for him to calm down. The last time he went down the slide he started crawling away. I watched to see where he was going. He crawled over to this couple who were sitting watching their daughter play. He started to pull himself up on the man's leg and then just climbed into his lap and laid his head on the man's shoulder! It was the cutest thing ever. (OK, and a little scary.) All of the parents looked over and chuckled. I wish I had a camera to capture the moment. For his part, the man was flattered and gracious. After a few seconds I went over and rescued the kind man from my sleepy baby. As the sun set we dragged the boys off of the playground and headed home.

I am so tired now and it is only 7 pm. Monkey is sound asleep and Piglet is asleep on my lap. I am about to lay him down and try to spend a tiny bit of time with my HunnyBunny. Cross your fingers that Piglet stays asleep.

2 comments:

Happy said...

I had fun yesterday too! When I first joined the flylady group someone said that they would be my best friends and they were right. Where't the tot lot? (not that I'm in the tot position, just curious)

Lucy T said...

I found you.
I remember hugging you hello that day. You always smell so good.