Sunday, January 28, 2007

Catching up

Life is so hectic sometimes.

Thursday and Friday HunnyBunny had to come home early from work to take Monkey to the doctor's office. For a few months now Monkey has been having eating issues. He's been eating less and less and complaining of his stomach hurting. He has had some other symptoms as well. HunnyBunny thought they were all unrelated but my Spidey sense was tingling so I decided it was time to take him in. We go to our family doctor and he says , "No way. Take him to a pediatrician." I am so scared that he has Celiac disease. All of these problems appeared when we added bread to our diet. Somebody say a prayer! I do not want my baby to have this. The pediatrician wants to test for parasites first but her next step is a Celiac panel. It scares me but I was sure glad to have my fears validated.

Oh and while all this is going on what happens to me? I get a toothache. On a Friday night! Arggghhh! Why do these things always happen on the weekend. I was going to try to ride it out. It was just a toothache right? Hell, no! Saturday morning I woke up and it was starting to throb. Now I can take pain but it got so bad that I couldn't think. It got so bad that I called my Mom. I haven't been talking to my Mom. We don't really get along and she just makes me plain miserable. But one good thing about Mom? She has a handy supply of pain killers. This should explain just how much pain I was in. Hah, was, I still am. I hate breaking the law. I hate when people offer me their medicine. I never take it. But today I went running to Mommy and begged, "Give me some drugs!!!!!!" She did and you know what else she did for me? She put in an emergency call to the dentist whose office is next door to her house. He came in to work on my tooth. Heads up Havertown ladies, Dr. Bruce Bottomley rocks! He came into the office at 4 pm on a Saturday to fix my tooth for me. It turns out I have an abscess and need a root canal and crown. So now I'm on mega antibiotics and oxycodone. Great!

So that's my weekend. Today Monkey starts in the preschool class for Sunday school if we make it to church.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

When Bugaboo starting having these issues and not eating we found out he had reflux. He had minor food allergies and had been on antibiotics and it was KILLING his stomach.

My advice to you is to get the boy on a probiotic. You would not believe what it did for Bugaboo. It won't hurt anything and you have nothign to lose. And, chances are that he's doing the typical toddler thing...