Thursday, February 22, 2007

where did february go?

Wow, my last post about real life was ground hog's day. crap! i lost a whole month. i had to take monkey to the doctor's today. he has been complaining of a tummy ache for nearly a week now. I mean waking up screaming at night with, "i hurt!" I have called the doc twice and tonight she agreed to check him just in case. What the hell is wrong with pediatricians? Are they not the most insufferably patronizing people around? Like I'm too stupid to realize that yes, this is most likely constipation. However i want YOU to make sure I'm not missing something. I'm not some freak with Munchhausen by proxy. I just want my kid to stop screaming.

Oh and get this! They wanted me to fill out a blanket consent form. ya know, just in case both of us are unavailable and they need to treat him for something, blah, blah, steal you rights, blah. um, can you say NO! I crosed out the form and wrote refused consent. If there really is something that dire I'm my mother would be able to handle it. I am not giving some freaking doctor's office the right to do whatever the hell they want to my sons. No way! I can see it now, Oh while we were in there we just gave him every shot we have and put him on adderal. La la la. And the other mother in the office didn't even question the form, didn't even READ it!!!! How could she just sign her rights away? I guess so many people have that doctor knows best complex. Not me.

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I've seen those forms. Thank goodness my ped doesn't do that stuff, although I've read about it. I know the purpose is so that if you are ever not around they can just treat your kid. But it opens a whole window...

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a form like that. How scary is that?? I mean, I'd be worried about someone deciding that my child needed some kind of surgery or drug that I didn't agree with! I just think it's another sign of the government thinking they know more about how to raise and care for our kids than we do!