Monday, February 05, 2007

Death and babies continued

When I found out that I was pregnant with Piglet I called my father to tell him. We had been fighting but I still wanted him to know. When he picked up the phone he said , "Hi, Bitch." I told him the news and then ended the conversation. I did not speak to him again until Christmas, 2 weeks before Piglet was born. I have spoken to him a few times since then but have not seen him since Christmas 2005.

He was angry with me over a truck that I gave him. See, I knew that he needed a truck and I had one that I didn't want or need. I gave him the truck and the title. I thought he had a license. He drove that truck for 2 1/2 years without a license, insurance, tags, anything. Then he got caught. They impounded the truck and since he could not find the title he could not touch anything in it. He had a few thousand dollars worth of tools in it. He wanted, no expected, me to get it out of impound and give it back to him. Since he had never transferred it into his name it was still legally mine. But since we didn't have a copy of the title I couldn't do anything. In order to even see it I was going to have to pay. I was so mad that I didn't do anything. I just left it there.

I was so tired of being emotionally manipulated by him. I was so tired of having to be responsible for him. I have been his keeper for forever.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Dani,
I know this is no consolation but I really do not think there is anythign you could have done. My husband's father has done similar things and has threatened suicide and has threatened to end it and has been on and off of medicine forever. We currently do not speak with him (he's been in and out). We are not responsible for him. You are not responsible for your father. He made a decision, a selfish one. I know that doesn't bring him back, but please know that there is nothign you or anyone else could have done to prevent it. When someone wants to die, they find a way. Please find some comfort in knowing that when he does pass away that he is getting what he wants...
I am praying for you. Please let me know if there is something I can do.