Wednesday, February 07, 2007

He's gone

In the end we decided against donating his organs for multiple reasons. This turned out to be the best decision for everybody. I think my people needed to watch him die. We did. We kept him on life support until my Aunt Joann got there. He had to fight to stay alive that long. He was there and he was aware. It was weird/scary/beautiful. He cried. When one of us would start to talk to him about something his breathing would change. Like he would start to sob. When my mom played one of their songs to him he started cried again. It was a beautiful end. i did not know that my brother was horrified about the organ donation. he was tearing himself up about them cutting my father while he was still alive. Yes, we understand what braindeath is butTimmo feels that if he is alive then his spirit is still present. It was killing Tim. When I made the decision to withdraw support I called Tim and asked if he wanted to come back with me. He nearly didn't. But it was so perfect. When we got there they had removed some of the tubes already. He looked so much better. he looked peaceful today.
Tim laid out pictures of Daddy and made everything warm and cozy and special. My broter is a special person.

Let me tell you why Daddy was so peaceful today. Daddy was a non-practicing Catholic. He believed that he was going to hell. When he hung himself he felt that his pain was so great that hell was worth the risk. Poor Daddy. Wel my Aunt jean is an Evangelical Christian and went home last night and researched. She called a few pastors and decided that even suicide must be forgivable. Seh was going to tell him this. On her way back into the room today she bumped into thr other family that had been with us the whole time. it turns out that one of those women is a pastor. She and my aunt went in a prayed over my father. they told him that he was forgiven and he relaxed. It was literally as if a wave washed over him. Jeanie says that God was in that room and gave him peace.

James Timothy White I died on 2/6/2007 surrounded by his friends and family

i'm going to go bed now

3 comments:

Perky said...

I'm glad that the end was peaceful. Now the healing may begin.

Chipmunkmomma said...

It began yesterday when we arrived at the hospital. My brother and i are already healing because of the beautiful day we had yesterday.

Domestic Goddess said...

I am so glad that he, and you especially, are at peace. I am glad that the moment was beautiful. I hope that somehow, in some small way, this whole thing can bring peace and get rid of some of the pain you have suffered over the years. You deserve it!