Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Happy Birthday to me!

So I'm not great at posting to this yet. I'll get there. Today is my birthday. I usually don't make that big of a deal out of it. Today I am just relaxing with Monkey. We went out for lunch and stepped in every puddle on the way back home. We had a blast!

10 years ago today I was fasting. I was preparing to join the Air Force. On Nov 1st I had a physical that I had to pass and I was trying to lose that last couple of pounds. Ugh! The things I did to my body in order to join the military. What's funny is that I didn't even want to join. My Dad wanted me to and I didn't want to let him down. I glad that I did it now. I wouldn't have HunnyBunny or Monkey if I hadn't.

19 just doesn't seem that far away in my head. But when I think of the lives I have lived since then it seems light years away. I have been an airman, a professional, a wife, a mother and more. I barely remember that girl. I wonder who I will be 10 years from now?

No comments: